• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Russian Lend Lease Jacket

zoomer

Obviously Russian airmen had no restrictions against hands in pockets (or else they just took you out back and blam!).

See the goggles I'm wearing in the avatar? They're Russian. Cold War era, made on the WW2 pattern.

joeson

Think I have about 4 of those jackets in total.1970's uk standard sheepskin civilian.If they get 600 euro's for it I will be in touch.

better duck

joeson said:
Think I have about 4 of those jackets in total.1970's uk standard sheepskin civilian.If they get 600 euro's for it I will be in touch.
My thoughts exactly: if this was a L-L jacket, it would be a standard type flight jacket from the American inventory like the B3. (skipping the fact that, as far as I know Lend - Lease was a construction used between the USA and the UK, not Russia).
The jacket on sale looks nothing like that, I bought one new looking a lot like that in the 70-ies, and me thinks the "Leningrad attic" story is another trick to conjure money out of the pockets of unsuspecting folks.

Roughwear

This jacket is certainly post war and most likely dates from the 1950s. Many were produced then with Clix zips, which I understand were first used on flying jackets from the very late 40s. This style of "Santa Claus" jacket were made from the early '50s through to the 1970s.

Peter Graham

better duck said:
skipping the fact that, as far as I know Lend - Lease was a construction used between the USA and the UK, not Russia
Peter, vast amounts of British and US equipment was sent to Russia under the lend - lease scheme, apart from this jacket, of course !