• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Royal Netherlands Military Flying School Jackson

jack31916

flyingschooljackson.jpg

Hope this is better.

Thanks Allan

dujardin

need to know if this guy went to this unidentified gunnery school during WW2 or post war

that's a cool post you initiate there; really interesting to learn about that

Johnny will probably ID this patch, and maybe netherland's member can give information about this subject

jack31916

Hi Marcel,

I'm from The Netherlands (your neighbour ;) ) and this is the patch of the Netherlands (Dutch) Military Flying School in Jackson.

This patch is also printed on page 27 of the book 'Disney, Dons Dogtags' The Best of Disney Military Isignia from World War II but this was the first time I saw a picture of an original patch and I just thought it's a cool patch to share on the forum.

The jacket belonged to a Dutch Navy officer named Burgemeestre. On the nametag his name is prefixed by OVL which means Officier Vlieger = Flying Officer.

I don't know why they choose for this patch. Maybe to depict the fighting Dutch. It's also likely there was a gunnery school at that base.

Some more info to be found: http://msbeliever.tripod.com/Logan.html