• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Royal Canadian Navy G-1 for sale

B-Man2

That’s a first for me … never seen a Canadian G-1. I’m wondering if this isn’t a commercially made jacket . Seems that the US manufactures of G1s would have been scrambling to get a contract with the Canadian Navy . Also there are no contract numbers on the label . I can’t believe that the Canadian military didn’t use contracting and manufacturing data on their military issued gear labels .

Last edited:

billwong

Ouch on the price. Seen a few come and go, no where near that price though or condition.
They all seem to be sized 36.

Last edited:

MaydayWei

That’s a first for me … never seen a Canadian G-1. I’m wondering if this isn’t a commercially made jacket . Seems that the US manufactures of G1s would have been scrambling to get a contract with the Canadian Navy . Also there are no contract numbers on the label . I can’t believe that the Canadian military didn’t use contracting and manufacturing data on their military issued gear labels .

It's real, alright; exceedingly rare, but real!
I dont know why they didn't do stock numbers though!
Seems like a post-nato thing for us up north.

MaydayWei

Ouch on the price. Seen a few come and go, no wear near that price though or condition.
They all seem to be sized 36.

Absolutely, the condition is stunning on this one.
And you're right, they're all 36 for some reason!

billwong

As it turned out. I grew up a few blocks from the listed address for the company in 1955.

Score Sporting Goods Mfg. Co. LId., 349 Queen St. W., Toronto. Ontario

This is, or rather was, the garment district in Toronto area. Queen Street West and Spadina Ave, north of the Skydome/Rogers Center (home of the Blue Jays). There are still some fabric and sewing stores in the area. Most of the garment makers are long gone. The old buildings have since been gentrified and house various offices