• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rolen Sportswear B-15D mod

Peter Graham

Just got this back from my seamstress today. Jim picked it up at a militaria fair for $25 and being the type of guy he is, passed it on to me. It was rather grubby, needed the cuffs replaced and some stitching repaired but all the important parts were intact. Jim threw in a pair of NOS cuffs which match the waistband perfectly. As is typical of modified jackets, the collar is mismatched. The modified label is missing but the more important makers label is perfect. I noticed that the hanger appeared to have been deliberately removed and I've since found out that they were often removed during the modification and never replaced. As with all B-15's I've encountered it fits a size large so this 36 fits me well and it's the first nylon jacket I've owned that is a sensible length. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out although my seamstress has maybe left the cuffs a little long. It may go back. I'm not sure yet.

b15d007.jpg

b15d001.jpg

b15d006.jpg

b15d005.jpg

b15d004.jpg

b15d003.jpg

b15d002.jpg

watchmanjimg

Looks great, Peter! I'm so glad it worked out for you. Enjoy the jacket in good health, and rest assured that at $25 you got off a LOT easier than most B-15D Mod owners! :D

oose

Hi,

Looks great Peter, I wore my Buzz B-15C(Mod) all winter, great jackets wish I had an original like you. :D

yours stu

greyhound52

watchmanjimg said:
Looks great, Peter! I'm so glad it worked out for you. Enjoy the jacket in good health, and rest assured that at $25 you got off a LOT easier than most B-15D Mod owners! :D
Ain't it the truth. Nice jacket Peter.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Willy McCoy said:
Great Jacket Peter! Cuffs look good too.

He's right, Peter ... it looks great, and the seamstress has done a great job. Cuff lengths vary, just get out there, and wear it.

Peter Graham

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. You're right, the cuffs are fine. Dunno what I was thinking. I love this jacket. It's a keeper. Jim, thanks again. You're a true gentleman.