• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RNZAF/RAF Irvin (?) Fleece-lined flying trousers

FlakMagnet

Came across these on TradeMe (basically New Zealand Ebay) today.
It could probably use a little conditioning, but it looks like it's in great condition.

More pics on the listing:

1860728643.jpg

1860728664.jpg
1860728686.jpg
1860728831.jpg
1860728898.jpg
1860728759.jpg

Smithy

I remember talking with Roughwear (Andrew) and Andrew Bock about the Kiwi Irvin trousers quite a few years back. We agreed that there's a very good probability that jackets were also produced in small numbers, yet to date one hasn't popped up. I spoke with a militaria dealer in Auckland years back who said he'd had a NZ made Irvin jacket which he'd sold on in the 70s. True story? Who knows but it stands to reason that if they made trousers then they would have made jackets, especially when you consider the RNZAF was still using things like Wapitis in the first years of the war.

FlakMagnet

Funny you said that, because there was what appeared to be a dark seal Irvin that popped up on trade me a few weeks ago that sold for ridiculously cheap. I don't know enough about Irvin jackets to say if it's the real deal or not though

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 9.26.19 AM.png