• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rising Sun denim

SuinBruin

I was in SoCal over the weekend and having heard about Rising Sun Denim in Pasadena I thought I'd check them out before I had to fly back to the Bay Area. So I swung by yesterday afternoon after an appointment in downtown LA.

Rising Sun makes jeans and other vintage-inspired clothes in their own shop just behind the storefront using vintage sewing machines and equipment. The store is very cool and the guy manning the counter was friendly and helpful. I wound up buying a pair of their Ride 'Em jeans in raw selvage -- narrow straight leg with a very subtle boot cut. I like them a lot already, though they didn't come cheap. (Quality vintage-inspired clothing handmade in the USA seldom does, though.)

Rising Sun doesn't make repros of particular vintage jeans, but their products are of the old school in style and quality. I believe they also do custom work if there is a particular fit or feature you're looking for. If you are in SoCal and have some time to spare, I suggest checking them out.

http://www.risingsunjeans.com/