• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction leather name strips for jackets and gear

warguy

I just picked up a couple of leather name strips from a dealer who treated me very well so thought I would pass this on. He is selling these on eBay currently and you can find a listing here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-WWII-U...g-THIN-1-16-/114788244090?hash=item1ab9e99a7a

He operates under the business name Split-S Reproductions. I thought his price was very good and the workmanship and quality was outstanding. Here is the best part- I needed a strip a bit wider than what he offered and after buying several from his eBay listing, he offered to make me a wider one and sent it free of charge. Anyway, I am very happy with both the service and the product so thought I would pass it on. He makes two finishes, a russet and a natural finish (I acquired an original WWII name tag from a coworker years ago....it was his fathers, and trust me, they were made natural during the war).He also offers two thicknesses. I thought this was leather thickness, but he is referring to the thickness of the font or characters. I prefer the thicker style, it looks more accurate and more bold to me. It’s the little things in life, right? Anyway, for what it is worth.
F6FE2334-07FF-4E89-BA45-1F8A152A27AE.jpeg

ausreenactor

I just picked up a couple of leather name strips from a dealer who treated me very well so thought I would pass this on. He is selling these on eBay currently and you can find a listing here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-WWII-U...g-THIN-1-16-/114788244090?hash=item1ab9e99a7a

He operates under the business name Split-S Reproductions. I thought his price was very good and the workmanship and quality was outstanding. Here is the best part- I needed a strip a bit wider than what he offered and after buying several from his eBay listing, he offered to make me a wider one and sent it free of charge. Anyway, I am very happy with both the service and the product so thought I would pass it on. He makes two finishes, a russet and a natural finish (I acquired an original WWII name tag from a coworker years ago....it was his fathers, and trust me, they were made natural during the war).He also offers two thicknesses. I thought this was leather thickness, but he is referring to the thickness of the font or characters. I prefer the thicker style, it looks more accurate and more bold to me. It’s the little things in life, right? Anyway, for what it is worth.View attachment 60956
Got my first name tag from him! Still here actually! Will get the courage to put it on something one day!