• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Talon Zip Question

Maverickson

Hi J.D.,

I'll save you the trouble as no it does not! At least not with the original Talon slider I have. This repro's Talon slider is just slightly wider than the original version. On the other hand, it does work great as a replacement zipper for those pesky aluminum toothed Conmars. The reason I know, recently I purchased two of these same zipper assemblies in hopes of using it for a replacement on a mid 1950s 7823 ( AER ) G-1.

As a matter of fact I have found that there are even two different styles of aluminum Conmars from that era. One version is just slightly smaller while the other fits perfectly. That reproduction Talon should work with the slider Corey is currently selling http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Conmar-Zipper-S ... 3a5ab0ad1f .

I hope that helps!

Cheers, Dave

Jaydee

Thanks Dave. I guess that's why they say : "Make sure you know about this item before you bid". I actually need a Talon for an A-2 not a Navy jacket but thanks for the link!