• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

repro maker ''chenille patch''

dujardin

hellooooooooooooooooo

i remember this was already discussed; but i don't remember where and of course i don't remember the results

is there someone making nice repro of chenille patch ??????
in US, in GB, any where ??????

many thanksssssss in advance
marcel

a2jacketpatches

I saw a recent thread on this, they looked pretty good but the chenille appeared a little loose and hanging over the embroidered details. I believe originals had a tighter weave of chenille. and the chenille was stitched as selected components of a patch rather than a solid piece of chenille stitched over with embroidered details. Anyone add to that?

At any rate, the repros looked good.

CBI

Yes, VLJ member YoungMedic did a thread. He gave me the website address of the company that makes these. The work looks excellent however they mainly do things like school letters, club patches, etc that are done in quantity. It looks like there is a minimum order for custom work as well as a set up charge. So........to get the one patch you want might cost quite a bit.

Sounds like YoungMedic has worked with the owner of this place Alan before and maybe there's a deal to be made for one off of vintage style AAF patches??????????

I am not sure that the patch guy wants his name/company out there for these one-off jobs, YoungMedic might know. But, I don't see a problem with passing the address along via PM's for now.

Marcel - I will PM you.

unclegrumpy

YoungMedic used my original 18th BS patch as his pattern, but we have not done a side by side comparison to see how close the new ones are yet. I can post photos and a review when we do.

As far as the other patches in the thread, someone else had those made. The good thing is the Company that made them still has the patterns, the bad is it is hard to tell how accurate they are from the photos. They also made the 533rd BS which was not pictured, though I have seen one of those in the flesh before, and they were not that accurate in both size and design to the original patches.

I asked Alan about getting any of those four designs remade, and you could, but there is a minimum order of six pieces of each design. Besides the 381st BG, which these four patches are from, there really are not that many more AAF patches that were originally made in chenille. My guess is that there might be twenty more, though of those, there are probably only between five and ten that you commonly see.

I think Tim still might have an extra 18th BS patch that he would sell, and that would be an easier way to go...unless of course you want to get into the patch business!

YoungMedic

Yep I do have extra's if anyone would like to buy one shoot me a PM

IMG_1956.jpg