• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Irvin jacket number two - finished!

jonnyboy

Great Andrew - will do!

I should be getting labels sorted out soon (based on the 1941 Wareing's label) so I'll post an update about that when I get them.

I've been asked by a few people (both here and on the Fedora Lounge) about pricing. When I'm up and running, and actually taking orders, production jackets will be £795. I know that's higher than ELC and Aero, but I can't really compete with the likes of ELC and Aero on price. What I've aimed to do is make the most accurate reproduction Irvin jacket on the market, and therefore the material cost per jacket is pretty high. At the moment, it's taking me a little under two weeks to make a jacket, although I'm sure it will get quicker, after making more jackets.

For me, it's becoming a real passion, and all about making jackets which look and feel like original Irvins. I'm just hoping that there are enough people out there who are looking for the same things in a repro Irvin jacket that I was when I embarked on this project!

Cheers,

Jon

jonnyboy

Hi RCSignals - I'm asking £650 for this jacket, as it's still technically a test jacket. It doesn't have a label in, but when I get them sorted I'll post one to whoever buys the jacket.

Size-wise, I'd say it's a comfortable size 40. Possibly a 42 if you're a slim 42. I'm a size 42, and I can just about wear it with a t-shirt, but it feels a bit tight, mainly around the waist. I'm 5'8" and 168 lbs. Here are the measurements again:

Chest (armpit to armpit): 23.5 inches
Waist (across front): 23.5 inches
Shoulder (seam to seam): 20.5 inches
Front zip length: 22.5 inches
Back length (not including collar): 25.5 inches
Sleeve length: 25 inches

Incidentally, I have an oldish ELC jacket which is labelled a size 42, but fits more like a 46! My father-in-law wears it and he's 6 feet tall and a lot wider around the waist than I am. Fits him like a glove!

Cheers,

Jon

RCSignals

jonnyboy said:
Hi RCSignals - I'm asking £650 for this jacket, as it's still technically a test jacket. It doesn't have a label in, but when I get them sorted I'll post one to whoever buys the jacket.

Size-wise, I'd say it's a comfortable size 40. Possibly a 42 if you're a slim 42. I'm a size 42, and I can just about wear it with a t-shirt, but it feels a bit tight, mainly around the waist. I'm 5'8" and 168 lbs. Here are the measurements again:

Chest (armpit to armpit): 23.5 inches
Waist (across front): 23.5 inches
Shoulder (seam to seam): 20.5 inches
Front zip length: 22.5 inches
Back length (not including collar): 25.5 inches
Sleeve length: 25 inches

Incidentally, I have an oldish ELC jacket which is labelled a size 42, but fits more like a 46! My father-in-law wears it and he's 6 feet tall and a lot wider around the waist than I am. Fits him like a glove!

Cheers,

Jon

It is fantastic, label or not.
I'm thinking now though after your description it may be small on me too.

It's a piece of art.

NW Carver

Amazing jacket! I haven't been on here for a while due to job issues but now I am and WoW!! What a jacket-I have never seen a better repro Irvin!! It's identical to a wartime version...:))

Well done!