• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

repro in France

1000ft

Hi,

I would like to know if i can find in France good repro of A2 like Good Wear or Aero...
(sorry for my poor english, i've left school for a long time now ;-))
Thanks for yours answers
Emmanuel

greyhound52

1000ft said:
Hi,

I would like to know if i can find in France good repro of A2 like Good Wear or Aero...
Thanks for yours answers
Emmanuel
You also may want to try ebay as there have been a few Good wears on there. I know John will ship overseas. What is your size? He had a few on the sales page.

deand

Welcome to the Forum, Emmanuel, good to have you with us. Hope you find your Goodwear!

dean

1000ft

I'm going to study all that ways !!!
But i'm not decided with goatskin or horsehide...And with a G1 versus an A2...
What is your favourite and why ???

1000ft

John Lever said:
1000ft said:
I take a look at us wings and tyhe prices are very low !!!
How can explain ?
You generally get what you pay for.
I understand...
So, what about US Autentic quality ?...I saw their products in France at "Doursoux" catalog. In France they sold an A2 for 390€ (or 560 USD) but on the website it's about 300 usd...
Do you think the quality and finish is the same as US wing ??

SuinBruin

Welcome to the forum and to the crazy world of reproduction flight jackets.

US Wings and US Authentic do not make true reproductions of World War II A-2s. They make their own jackets from their own patterns "inspired" by vintage A-2s. Ergo, the materials and fit will be different from original jackets, as will be how the jackets look. For the price point, they are not bad options, though you might also want to look at the Gibson and Barnes historical A-2s as their quality is very good. (Gibson and Barnes also have their own patterns etc., though, so they are not true "reproductions," either.)

http://www.flightsuits.com/index.php?id=18&cat_id=18

If you want a true "reproduction" A-2 that is based on an original model, your options are Good Wear Leather in the U.S., Eastman Leather Clothing in the U.K., Aero Leather, also in the U.K., the Real McCoy's in New Zealand, or one of the Japanese makers (generally more expensive and harder to find... these include Buzz Rickson's, the Few, and Toys McCoy, among others).

For a good introduction to this subject, look at the Acme Depot web site. It is a bit out of date, but still full of good information and reviews.

http://www.acmedepot.com/a2jacket/a2repro.html

If you spend enough time here you will pick up lots of good info. Poke around as much as you can and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Cheers,
Matt

John Lever

My advice along with the previous post, is to buy one second hand. They are great value and look better than the new ones which can take years to wear in before they look ' right '

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
1000ft said:
I take a look at us wings and tyhe prices are very low !!!
How can explain ?

You will find that many of Steve's posts are tongue in cheek ... US Wings doesn't really get the bseal of approval. ;)

rikbb

1000ft said:
Hi,

Thanks for yours answers
Emmanuel

Hello Emmanuel,

There is a shop in Paris that sells Aero A-2s, quite expensive… 750 euros.
But at least you can check them, try them, and then order them directly from Aero…