• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro critiques

ZuZu

Hi- this is Zuzu- Jeff Thurston from Oakland CA. I've been off the forum since 2019 but I'd like to start posting again because these old WW2, Korea and Vietnam war jackets are one of my big obsessions in life. I've been jacket-obsessed since 1976 when I saw an Avirex ad in an "Air Classics" magazine. I've been on the forum since the early 2000s version off and on. My last foray in 2018 I came down like Moses from the Mountain and tried to impart my wisdom in a rather assholic fashion. This time I'd like to do my repro critiques in the most civilised way I can. If I point out flaws in a repro jacket it is just to point out a fact- not necessarily to denigrate but rather to possibly goad the repro maker into correcting a mistake. (or probably not!) None of the stuff I point out should be a deal breaker to the person who owns the type of repro I'm critiquing- as is said here a million times- if you like the jacket and its fit- wear it! So I'm back for now- studiously avoiding conflict by NOT inserting myself into discussions of WW2 history and politics- there lies trouble!

ZuZu

I was in the trades for 44 years, 22 years of that in the Carpenter's Union and 6 years of that as a union steward. I'm a Cornell graduate but as some of us did back then I preferred to "live life":rolleyes:. In "That Other Life" I lived decorum wasn't a high value. I've been called worse than a "dick or an asshole" and it's water off a duck's back. I know from experience now that this forum has taboo ideas and subjects and I will not broach those. I don't want to get kicked off- I wanna hang out and criticize repros and and show off my jackets!