• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro B-10 from unknown maker... comments anyone?

Jason

Been thinking of a B-10 just to add a bit of variety to my leather dominated collection... and came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WW2-US-Army-Air- ... 5d290ad22f

Or item number 400120533551 if that works better for you.

aj71005.jpg

I'm not after the ultimate in authenticity, which is good since it isn't to be found in this item. But I am looking for something that is comfortable and servicable... a true 'wearer' than anything else. Does anyone else have this B-10 from 'Spearhead' in Singapore? If so, what's your thoughts?

Jason

I was thinking of an ATF in either medium or large... but their website greets me with 'out of stock' on all but the largest sizes.

It appears as if this is in the same tier as ATF B-10s... I was going to say perhaps even made by the very same factory, but no - the ATF B-10 has much more accurate pocket spacing; this one has pockets spaced far too wide. And that can lead to a portly look. :oops:

Perhaps I'll wait until ATF have more stock.

L42A1

Hi Jason,
I've been away from VLJ for a couple of years now, before the big website change apparently, but good to see a few familiar names still around. I've been spending my money on radios instead.

I just bought one of these B-10s so I'll report back when I get it. I'm not much of an expert, but it looks fair enough and for the price, it should be OK. For half the cost of a BR, ELC or RMJ B-10, I'm not too fussed on the finer details. I'm almost tempted by the US Army tanker jacket.

After a couple of years out of the scene, I'm just staggered by the cost of the high end repros now. Happily I got my RMNZ A-2 in the mid-90s for about A$600...... If the Chinese (apparently that's what Spearhead gear are) can turn out quality repros, then I'm up for it.
Ed

Jason

Thanks Ed,
know what you mean about two (or more!) competing interests. Like you, I've been spending a bit of money on radio equipment; a nice tricked out Kenwood TS2000 sits on my desk and some very high end PMR stuff creeping in there too (at least 4 new RMCNZ jackets worth there!). But now the winter is here, my interests turn from boats & fishing, to radio listening & jackets.

It'd be great to hear your thoughts on the Spearhead stuff once it arrives.