• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement Cuff and Waistband Knits

alcon

I'm considering replacing the knits on my current A-2. The russet knits on the GW and Aero would be just what I would like. Has anyone had success in ordering knits from these fine jacket manufacturers? Are there other resources for high quality 100% wool knits? Thanks

alcon

David, how do you remember all these past postings? You're amazing and always very helpful. The color of knits I'm looking for is the color that you see on a few Aero A-2s. It's a bright red color. I thought they called in russet but, maybe it's "berry?" GB does not have it. :?

Roughwear

You can buy berry knits from Eastman. I have bought several complete sets. They cost around £35. Just send them an email.

Persimmon

Seems like you may have a good jacket there so why not contact Aero by phone and get them to send you a
set of Berry Cuffs

Their details are on their website.

www.aeroleatherclothing.com/webapp/aero ... ?page=home

Eastman also do them as well.

A phone call to either will give you what you need.
Get your local tailor to fit them (if not yourself) and your fine jacket is both ready to wear.in keeping to itself and also
perfect for resale if required

Hope you get them a=nd we see some finished jacket photo's.
Good luck

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Persimmon said:
Seems like you may have a good jacket there so why not contact Aero by phone and get them to send you a set of Berry Cuffs

In the post I linked to, that was the problem ...

BTW, Aero doesn't sell just the material or ready-to-sew on items; they want to do the replacement themselves for a handsome 45£ amount (+ shipping) which is almost 1/6 part of a new Real Deal jacket!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
alcon said:
David, how do you remember all these past postings?

There's a Search at the top of the page ...

The color of knits I'm looking for is the color that you see on a few Aero A-2s. It's a bright red color. I thought they called in russet but, maybe it's "berry?" GB does not have it.

Aero do the rust colour, it's kind of particular to them ... berry is more like you would see on a Dubow.