• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Relisted Bill kelso

FlyingYankee

I sold my Bill Kelso jacket on E-bay, and it was immediately relisted by the buyer. I want you all to know that I have nothing to do with this new listing and I would have rather given the Jacket away if I had known this was going to happen. The new listing does not want to say the Jacket is a Bill kelso and is deceptive in it's description. I described the jacket accurately when I originally sold it. I will not be selling any more Jackets on E-bay. I want you all to know that this is not my listing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-USAAF-STYL ... 0609281%26

ausreenactor

Kudos mate! :cool:

The buyer/seller is a dick and there is potential for the jacket to sell as many as four times before it finds a legit home. His circle of shills is pretty impressive.. Hope you were happy with your final price. It is a small world. I had not realised you had passed away and this was an estate item? :p You must be the first of the living dead.. ;)

Thanks for the heads up..

I am taking great delight in watching some A-2s I bid on go for less than what they did last time? Some dumb shits out there?

Merry Christmas...

Couchy

GoodTimesGone

I have seen numerous postings concerning this seller's crooked tactics and have also observed their suspicious patterns on ebay. Has anyone on the forum reported them to ebay? I know ebay doesn't always take action but this recurring situation seems to have enough evidence.

Jeff M

Sent the seller the question "who is the jacket manufacturer".
He replied ;

"The small tag in the pocket shows RW in the upper corner and I believe the manufacturer is Rough Wear. Thanks for your interest."

:roll:

ciddu

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the hint!
Very kind of you to warn fellow forum members about potential scams - I'll skip this seller from now on!

Roughwear

Thanks for flagging this auction up. It is important that potential bidders, who are members here, are informed about what they may be buying and about the antics of some sellers.

Andrew

What a loser. I wish there was a sure fire way to make these guys play it straight. This is really pathetic playing the estate sale, insinuating it possibly maybe oh well it really did belong to a former avg member tribute/ replacement jacket. He should be shot at dawn.

Jeff M

Confronted the seller re; his recently purchasing the jacket, knowing who the jacket manufacture is.
I told him I thought it only honest to list the jacket's maker.

His reply;

"Hello, If I knew the manufacturer I would have mentioned it in the auction. And I don't know where you get your info but I did not purchase this jacket via Bill Kelso. While I know who he is I don't deal direct with him. And one last thing I don't give a rats ass what you think."

I sent him a link to the VLJ.
I replied that his auction is being discussed here, that his A2 auctions are often posted here, and that he may be interested to see some of the discussions about his auctions.

His reply;

"Your infomation is incorrect. Please do not contact me again."

My reply, sent this morning;

"If I am "mistaken", then I'm glad to be able to help you in discovering who the jacket manufacturer actually is.
Here is the link to the add at the Vintage Leather Forum placed by the jackets original owner;

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13618&p=127879#p127879

As of November 10, 2012 he still owned the jacket and was trying to sell it there.
Now you can edit your auction to include who made the jacket.

Merry Christmas. "

(Yes, I see I misspelled "ad".)

And...my most recent reply to him;

"And...just to refresh your memory....here is the eBay auction where the jacket was purchased, sold December 5;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILL-KELSO-ROUG ... 4d07694d71

As you purchased the jacket at an "estate auction", I can only assume the buyer passed away sometime in the last 2 weeks.
Amazing how fast his estate ended up at auction."

GoodTimesGone

Good effort, Jeff. That was an excellent idea to send him the links. Sounds like he gets defensive and rude, but we can only hope it will make him think twice.

30cal

Look at the bid history of the auction ending Dec. 5, the jacket was won by r***l (1504). Now I'm looking at the bid history of the current auction, and r***l (1504) is in 2nd place... It would appear he is back from the dead, and wants his jacket back. :lol:

Skip

One of the reasons I signed up to this forum was to learn, and in the process work out real deals from the wolves in sheepskin.

Thank you to all who keep an eye out, you advice and effort is appreciated

Jeff M

30cal said:
Look at the bid history of the auction ending Dec. 5, the jacket was won by r***l (1504). Now I'm looking at the bid history of the current auction, and r***l (1504) is in 2nd place... It would appear he is back from the dead, and wants his jacket back. :lol:

:lol:
Tis a miracle!

Another fascinating thing about the bid history.......
all of the bidders names end in numbers, no letters.
Wow. What a coincidence!! :eek:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1040609281

Andrew

30cal said:
That's some of the most obvious shilling I've seen in a long time. Worth dobbing him in for that alone. Obviously one of Motelbuyers minions who picks on EBay then props up the bosses sales.

Jeff M

FlyingYankee said:
Here is my original listing. I thought the Jacket would be going to a new home. I will gladly return motel buyers money if he wants to return it. I don't want anybody to get taken on this thinking the Bill Kelso is a WWII original.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330836823409?ss ... 1561.l2649

The current auction does not claim the jacket is an authentic original jacket.
It notes it is a "reproduction"...but doesn't name the manufacturer.
When I contacted the seller and asked him who made it, he just tried to play dumb .

Rutger

Forget it. I guess he's deliberate not to mention the name of Bill Kelso in the hopes that some bidders will gamble it's a ELC or GW.

I still think repro makers should add a small tag of their own somewhere, or add an extra two letters to that small white tag in the pocket, just like BR and RMC do with their (nylon) repro's. That won't happen though for sure.