• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Regular Sizes"....

ausreenactor

Gents...

Have just read the JC Shearling post...super work again. How does he find the time?

A recent post on the ELC guestbook. All of us small & tiny fellas take note..

"Why not make jackets in regular sizes? I have a 56" chest and am 6'4" tall.
You have some spectacular products, but only in small sizes."

Couchy..

tom james

I knew a P-47 combat pilot who was 6'6". He had to wear a chest parachute and keep the seat cranked down but he flew 84 combat missions. It must have been tough on him doing a dive-bomb run and not being able to lower his seat or hide behind everything but the gunsight!

tater

ausreenactor said:
"Why not make jackets in regular sizes? I have a 56" chest and am 6'4" tall.
You have some spectacular products, but only in small sizes."

Wouldn't "regular" sizes mean the exact sizes they made back in the day, it it fits, it fits, if not, you're with all the other guys that had to chose between "too big" and "too small." It's not like the quartermaster was custom tailoring each jacket, lol. "You look like a 44. Here you go. Next!"

dujardin

it's a real problem

a collegua and a friend have the same dilemn
they don't find jacket at their size; i told this night to my collegua that John start with shearling jackets and he is already excited that the possibility exist for him to have endlessly his jaket made at his mesures.
problem with his morphology remain his belly.

i will have to play the relay station between my collegua and John to see what can be done

byeeeee marcel

luca_brasi

Jaguar46 said:
luca_brasi said:
Ummmm... Maybe 'cuz 6'4" guys don't fit very well in a cockpit of a plane? :shock:

Jimmy Stewart was 6'3"

Well, my statement was made tongue in cheek, however, I've been a Naval Officer for almost 25 years now and around aircraft that entire time and from my experience, it is very rare for a naval aviator to be over 6' tall due to the space constraints with the advanced avionics in the cockpit. I know there is always an exception to the rule and during WWII and most other wars, there is/was a need for butts in the seat. Also, the average height of men was shorter then than it is now. I have a friend who is 6'8" and was a Navy SeAL during Vietnam; again, an exception, not the norm.