• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Rippers? ID Please?

A

Anonymous

Here's the finished patch. The guy who ordered one months ago called it " The Red Rippers Patch" Can't find it in any of my reference books but it's certainly one of my favorites. It'll be available in my Ebay store shortly (a2jacketpatches)
RedRippers005.jpg

CBI

Its got to be an 87th "something" Squadron patch (note the numbers on the dice) Usually a clue. Great work BTW

dujardin

no ideaaaaaaaaaaa

really interested to know the squadron and group

Siggy to the rescueeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........helpppppppppp :roll:

marcel

EMBLEMHUNTER

It's a "possibility" (quote) that this could be a variation of one other patch, I've seen from the US Navy, they had a VF-4 and a VF-5 that were called the "Red Rippers" thier design is still carried inservice today, it has a red boars head above a rope of two colors all above a shield divided by a lightning bolt from top to bottom at an angle and two balls oone upper one lower corners.

It could have been an interum design while they were switched around, the Navy did this very frequently and thier unit emblems are very hard to track thier lineages due to this fact .

This again I emphasize is just my "opinion" as to what it may be, unless the guy you got it from can get more info, photo of the owner with an aircraft in background or wearing it on jacket ,it will be fairly hard to narrow it down.
Emblemhunter
Could also be the 54th something as they didn't always count all the dots, some went by just the front dots on each dice.