• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendation for leather repairs in UK

Dr H

Just picked up my GW A-1 from the machinist who reduced the length of the sleeves/knits for me.
Delighted with the work - unlike my previous experience, this was done perfectly, on budget and within one day (despite being told that I'd be able to pick it up next Tuesday.
Work is perfect - it looks identical in terms of finish and construction.
If you're in the UK, particularly the SE, I'd heartily recommend Dan at http://www.hill4leather.com/main.htm.
I'll be using him again.

John Lever

Glad my recommendation worked out. A couple of years ago they replaced one of the collar straps on a b3 for me using very thick leather (3/16) dyed to the perfect colour for only 20 quid.
They also repair boots and fit zips.

Persimmon

Dr H said:
Just picked up my GW A-1 from the machinist who reduced the length of the sleeves/knits for me.
Delighted with the work - unlike my previous experience, this was done perfectly, on budget and within one day (despite being told that I'd be able to pick it up next Tuesday.
Work is perfect - it looks identical in terms of finish and construction.
If you're in the UK, particularly the SE, I'd heartily recommend Dan at http://www.hill4leather.com/main.htm.
I'll be using him again.

Ian, That's good to know.
So we should expect some pictures with you wearing the super improved jacket soon ?
Come on let's be having you ....

Dr H

Yes, thanks John. Great to work with too - very accommodating of jacket OCD, despite the bulk of the business being bulletproof moto jackets! :lol:
£40 plus VAT for the sleeves.

Dr H

Persimmon said:
So we should expect some pictures with you wearing the super improved jacket soon ?

Will do Alan, if you promise not to post me on FL... ;)

I have an ELC .50Cal A-1 coming in a few days and I'll certainly take that there too if those sleeves need trimming.

Persimmon

Dr H said:
Persimmon said:

Will do Alan, if you promise not to post me on FL... ;)

I have an ELC .50Cal A-1 coming in a few days and I'll certainly take that there too if those sleeves need trimming.

ha ha I think you are mixing me up with that half wit. Major Tom or whatever.

Looking forward to seeing both jackets.
I remember checking out George's A1 50 cal when we were at Duxford last year.

Dr H

Major Tom...Dick...or Harry?

I was very tempted by a reissue .50Cal, which looks darker and not at all dry (unlike the awful prototype). Should be lighter weight than my GW, which tolerates a little layering.

The plan now involves an RM 37J1B...

PaulGT3

John whats a Squid? is that english for 10GBP or something? so 20 squids equals 200GBP?
In the US a Squid is a sailor.

John Lever

PaulGT3 said:
John whats a Squid? is that english for 10GBP or something? so 20 squids equals 200GBP?
A quid is slang for a pound. As skin diver is a fiver.....
It could be from a weight of tobacco,a quid of tobacco weighing a pound or sixteen ounces ?

flyboy

John Lever said:
PaulGT3 said:
A quid is slang for a pound. As skin diver is a fiver.....
It could be from a weight of tobacco,a quid of tobacco weighing a pound or sixteen ounces ?

This is exactly why I love this forum! :D

PaulGT3

I was just having fun with John, I have watched top gear for a decade.
They talk about quids all the time, and I was going to phrase it a different way then
I noticed all I needed was an S and I could be entertaining "sort of"