• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real McQueen A-2 NZ

bseal

Curious if any member currently owns one. If so, would love to see pictures.

greyhound52

Re: Real McQueen A-2

Steve,
Check out John Chapman's CD if you have it (I think you do) I had one and it is on it. Got it from John. It was an awesome jacket and one I regret selling. However, I always felt it was a tad too big.

cmk-2

Wow, I would love to see some pics. That's what JC and I are trying to recreate. I would buy the ToysMccoy's but the price is just too steap for me. I think new from Japan their $1500-1800.

greyhound52

cmk-2 said:
Wow, I would love to see some pics. That's what JC and I are trying to recreate. I would buy the ToysMccoy's but the price is just too steap for me. I think new from Japan their $1500-1800.

Saw it today it is a special job from RMNZ. Made out of goatskin. It is a awesome jacket.

Roughwear

cmk-2 said:

As a collector of original A2s, I would rather spend this amount on a decent original than on a repro from ToysMccoys. One is an investment the other will immediately lose you money if you try to re-sell. ;)

Tim P

Roughwear said:
cmk-2 said:

As a collector of original A2s, I would rather spend this amount on a decent original than on a repro from ToysMccoys. One is an investment the other will immediately lose you money if you try to re-sell. ;)

Hear hear. its way overpriced and probably priced to cater to some misguided belief held by some people that the more you pay the more value you are gettting.

bseal

IMG_3056-1.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

CBI

I agree, repro prices this high are just silly - you CAN get the real thing for this or something just as strong (GW) for much less.

cmk-2

Does anyone know the story about the "Real mcqueen" A-2 that ToysMccoy sells. Are they just guessing about the contract# are do they have the A-2 that mcqueen worn in the film? I all ways thought it was a early RW Horse hide that was a redye,but that is just a guess on my part. Robin

greyhound52

Robin,
My understanding (and I have an article somewhere that states it) is that the owner of Toys has the jacket he wore in the film. So I still don't know if it is based on that jacket or not.

cmk-2

Thanks for the info. BTW I did the coverson rate this morning and the Toysmccoys "real Mcqueen" jacket is now at $2,300.00 U.S. Plus shipping....You could purchase a near mint real A-2 for that kind of money. Robin

bseal

Toys McCoy devotees and sage certified financial planners, welcome to the thread.

A reasonably priced custom Real McQueen can be conjured up with Paddy's assistance

at RM New Zealand. ;)

iphone4509022-1-1.jpg

cmk-2

Very nice jacket...Wish I had the $$$. I just sent $880.00 to JC for his verision of the Mcqueen A-2. Would love a RMNZ but.... Here's hoping that JC can get close. He is going to make the jacket with russet H.H. then do a re-dye so even the cotton thread will be dyied. Will love to see how the Dark Seal rubbs off to show the russett under the seal. Any one have a size 44R RMNZ "Real Mcqueen" for cheap??:) Robin

jacketimp

cmk-2 said:
Very nice jacket...Wish I had the $$$. I just sent $880.00 to JC for his verision of the Mcqueen A-2. Would love a RMNZ but.... Here's hoping that JC can get close. He is going to make the jacket with russet H.H. then do a re-dye so even the cotton thread will be dyied. Will love to see how the Dark Seal rubbs off to show the russett under the seal. Any one have a size 44R RMNZ "Real Mcqueen" for cheap??:) Robin

for $880 are you getting a NOS zip............waht's the turnaround time?

i'm sure jc will work his majik and conjure a masterpiece........

cmk-2

No. I went to MASH Japan for an NOS zip and his cuffs, leather name tag( my name not Hilts) and AAF decal. BTW talk about FAST I ordered from the MASH website on the evening of March 31 and RECEIVED the items April 4th. That's only 4 days for them to make the name tag in Japan fill the rest of the order and get it to me in FL. WOW!! Robin

jacketimp

cmk-2 said:
No. I went to MASH Japan for an NOS zip and his cuffs, leather name tag( my name not Hilts) and AAF decal. BTW talk about FAST I ordered from the MASH website on the evening of March 31 and RECEIVED the items April 4th. That's only 4 days for them to make the name tag in Japan fill the rest of the order and get it to me in FL. WOW!! Robin

you've mentioned how speedy MASH was.....

waht's the turnaround time for your gw, robin?

asiamiles

cmk-2 said:
Does anyone know the story about the "Real mcqueen" A-2 that ToysMccoy sells. Are they just guessing about the contract# are do they have the A-2 that mcqueen worn in the film? I all ways thought it was a early RW Horse hide that was a redye,but that is just a guess on my part. Robin

I think Real McQueen is just one of their lines and you can get other jackets with Real McQueen labels, not just A-2's. Just a marketing concept, that's all.