• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real Mccoys & Sefton question

ausreenactor

deeb7 said:
ausreenactor said:
$450? Bargain...I would do it for that price!

Think you are selling yourself short!

John posted here, seeking advice ... instead he was pressured into naming his price.

I don't have a good feel for what they are worth and was wondering what you guys thought.

My intent there was to let John know he was doing himself and the jacket an injustice..I am sure if he lists at $100 it
might even push $964!! Like the last RW Good Wear!! Market is going crazy apparently..

My 'do it' meaning I would buy a bargain...not encouraging John to list it at that..

Couchy

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
ausreenactor said:
My intent there was to let John know he was doing himself and the jacket an injustice ........ My 'do it' meaning I would buy a bargain...not encouraging John to list it at that..

I got it .... I was agreeing with you. ;)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
ausreenactor said:
We can take the moral high ground on this one...it is too big! :lol:

Good point ... :lol:

And actually it would probably fit you, as it almost fits me. Paddy decided, after multiple try-ons, that I was between sizes ... a 43 in the Rough Wear.

okejohn

Here is the Ebay listing for the McCoy. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170416305877#ht_500wt_1182

Measurements:Down the front to bottom of knit 23", Epaulets 7", Sleeves to bottom of knit 26", Armpit to Armpit 22", Shoulder to shoulder 19", Down back from bottom collar to bottom of knit 24". If you have much more than a 35" waist you might find it a bit snug.

Thanks for the honest feedback, I took your advise and increased the buy it now price to $600.00, however there is no reserve, so we'll see what the market is for it.

Also, I'm still debating if I should sell the Sefton. I put it on today and If I hold my breath I can zip it up :) It's just such a great A2 I hate to part with it. I'll make up my mind later today.

Thanks again
John O.

greyhound52

John,
That RMNZ is a beauty. If I didn't have so many jackets and just got my new HH Doniger from John (aka Goodwear) I would be very interested in that one. Good luck with your sale.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
okejohn said:
Ok, I'm going to hate myself in the morning ....

... but you'll enjoy Christmas more. ;)

I'm surprised that the Sefton has the higher target price. I like it, but I would have thought that the RM would do best at auction.

ausreenactor

God knows what happened there? Put on $495 and had a high bid of $99 and the BIN disappeared? Then it went for $600. You certainly gave it away!

Couchy

shiloh

havocpaul said:
The Sefton is too expensive for me....pity.

For me too, pity. Never knew they were that expensive. Sold mine for 175,- GBP. Same condition, size 40.

Regards,

Shiloh

Roughwear

Yes, I'm afraid the Sefton is over priced by at least £100. They tend to sell for around £200-£250 on Ebay in the UK.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
... They tend to sell for around £200-£250 on Ebay in the UK.

That's all the OP was asking ....

I don't have a good feel for what they are worth and was wondering what you guys thought.

okejohn

The McCOY confused me too, I thought after the first bid the Buy It Now price disappears. I'm still conflicted on the Sefton, even though it was a size smaller than the McCoy it fit better. This is the first time I have used a "Best Offer" choice on ebay. I will consider a lower offer, I just did not want to take the chance of it selling for $99.00 (I don't like to use a reserve price).

I did a completed search for the McCoy on ebay before I listed and 2 came up, one for $450, and another for $550. Now, I can't even find those... Anyway, you guys are probably right on the McCoy price, I hope the guy that got it, enjoys it and has a nice Christmas.

JohnO.