• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real Mccoys & Sefton question

okejohn

Hi, I'm getting ready to sell 2 of my A2's. 1. Real McCoy's/NZ Rough Wear sz44 2. Sefton sz42. Both are in very good condition and have been broken in nicely.

I don't have a good feel for what they are worth and was wondering what you guys thought.

The McCoy's is about 2 years old. I purchased the Sefton from a gentleman on this forum at about the same time. I'm not sure how long he owned it for.

Also, what's the best way to post photo's on this site?

Thank you very much for your help.

John O.

A

Anonymous

Steve Silburn (Sefton) used to make cracking jackets and was the original one-man band for good repro jackets.

Shame he stopped doing them.

Dave

okejohn

Here are some pic's

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0262-1.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

CBI

Nice looking jackets. That Sefton for $400 or less? I would imagine it might be gone already :eek:

the McCoys is nice as well. Good luck on a sale(s) but little luck really needed ;)

zoomer

No nibbles on the RMNZ?

I ask because I might be getting rid of an identical example in size 46.

Is it the bulletproof finish? Comes in handy in the wet!

shiloh

okejohn said:
I paid $400.00, I'm trying to decide what I want for it.

Hello,

Is the Sefton still available?? I used to own one but it was one size too small and I had to let it go, so I was hoping some day a size 42 would turn up. This one looks just like my very early ELC house, but it has a better colour.

Regards,

Shiloh

arclight

zoomer said:
No nibbles on the RMNZ?

I ask because I might be getting rid of an identical example in size 46.

Is it the bulletproof finish? Comes in handy in the wet!

What do you think you may be asking for the RMNZ?
thanks...............Tom

okejohn

Hey Guys,

Just got home from work, I'm going to ask $500 for the Sefton and $450 for the McCoy. I'm going to try to post the exact measurements later tonight or Sat morning.

John O.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
ausreenactor said:
$450? Bargain...I would do it for that price!

Think you are selling yourself short!

John posted here, seeking advice ... instead he was pressured into naming his price.

I don't have a good feel for what they are worth and was wondering what you guys thought.

Andrew

deeb7 said:
ausreenactor said:
$450? Bargain...I would do it for that price!

Think you are selling yourself short!

John posted here, seeking advice ... instead he was pressured into naming his price.

Yes, seeking a price from the Forum is a dangerous strategy around here- almost without exception everyone is after a bargain, Moi included. My RM is going to Ebay shortly and the market's going to decide the final price.