• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real McCoys Japan/Buzz Rickson B-10 comparison

Hawkeye

A quick photo comparison of the Buzz Rickson roughwear B-10, and the Real McCoys Japan Stagg model. Both are size 44. The Buzz fits shorter and wider, while the RMJ fits slimmer and longer. The Buzz uses a darker green coloured cotton shell with a light tan stitching, while the RMJ has a lighter coloured shell with dark green stitching. The RMJ definately feels like the heavier jacket of the two, I think the alpaca lining is slightly thicker. The alpaca on the RMJ is a darker brown colour than the Buzz, which has a more salt and pepper colour. As you can see the jackets also emulate the maker differences, such as the pocket size, flap shape and collar shape. The RMJ, instead of saying Army Air Forces on the shoulder decal like the Buzz, reads U.S. Air Force. I think that may just be this particular jacket and not the production run as a whole.

b-10002-1.jpg

b-10005-1.jpg

b-10006.jpg

b-10007-1.jpg

b-10008.jpg

b-10010.jpg

b-10011-1.jpg

b-10012.jpg

b-10013.jpg

b-10014-1.jpg

b-10015-1.jpg

The RMJ Stagg
b-10016.jpg

b-10020.jpg

Grant

Depending on your measurements you may take a smaller size.
Like the originals, the RMNZ Stagg B-10 runs on the large side.
I normally wear a sz. 42 but the sz. 40 RMNZ Stagg fits me perfect.

asiamiles

Just my opinion, of course, but the Buzz especially looks too short for wear with 5-pocket jeans. When you have a knitted waistband I think, at the very least, the the top of the knit should align with the top of the belt. Maybe higher waisted work denims are better suited for wear with flight jackets?

Peter Graham

Why is it that repro manufacturers always feel the need to apply decals, and even worse, inaccurate decals to cloth jackets when there were as least as many original jackets with no decals applied ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
Why is it that repro manufacturers always feel the need to apply decals, and even worse, inaccurate decals to cloth jackets when there were as least as many original jackets with no decals applied ?

My RMJ MA-1 came without a decal, Peter .... this one, on the B-10, may have been added by a previous owner.

Peter Graham

deeb7 said:
Peter Graham said:

My RMJ MA-1 came without a decal, Peter .... this one, on the B-10, may have been added by a previous owner.
Sorry Dave. I stand corrected.

asiamiles

Peter Graham said:
Why is it that repro manufacturers always feel the need to apply decals

I think it's to immediately distinguish them from civilian jackets. Maybe for many buyers it's important that people recognize they are wearing a military jacket.