• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

READY? I think SO!! Good Wear update!

TankBuster

He's been working on it for some time. The D-1 was copied from a original that I sent him last year. The B-6 also looks amazing. He's got quite the variety!!

deand

Indeed, it's obvious that JC is simply enhancing his sterling body of work with these. And yet, I look at those jackets and think I would simply bake to death in one of them, unless I was at one of the poles. But they are beautiful.

dean

dujardin

arghhhhhhhhhh
gloupsss
woawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i want one :lol:

maybe next year....

this is a pure beauty
that's what i intend to call ...perfection

maybe just a little remark (just my opinion), for my wish, if a day i order one to J-C, the colour of the shearling less white.
this is not a critic, just my opinion. ;)

congrats John, amazing work.
for sure another question is already on the move on this forum...... when will John produce a B-3 :p

byeeeeeeeeeee marcel

Peter Graham

Stunning jackets. The other makers are outdone already and these are just prototypes. Marcel, I believe the production jackets will have a less white fleece. About time I started saving.

TankBuster

Peter Graham said:
Stunning jackets. The other makers are outdone already and these are just prototypes. Marcel, I believe the production jackets will have a less white fleece. About time I started saving.

Yes Peter, you are right. The new stuff that will be used for production will have more of a yellow tint.

Roughwear

I had a feeling John would venture into sheepskin. These two jackets are superb. So what next -a B-3 or Irvin?

CBI

Congrats John - what an amazing job!

I remember JC telling me about this a year ago.

I wish it was cold enough here at home to purchase one :x

tater

This is sorta OT, but as the B-6 is a "bigger" or perhaps better worded "less fitted" jacket, I'd be interested if it was harder to make a "custom" jacket vs exact to spec. I was thinking about my (I'm in line) A-2 I'm having him make. When we come down to final sizing, if my "tailored" ideal fit is close to what the standard size would have been, I could see having it a "perfect" 40R even if that means it's too big on me (slightly). Had I been issued one, I'd have gotten a 38 or a 40, period. Not a 40 with the sleeves 1/2 an inch shorter, and the length 3/4 inch short, etc.

Seems like a less fitted jacket might have speeded production and be in fact a more accurate repro by only coming in "stock" sizes. Course if the typical customer is so far off 20-something WW2 servicemen, that won't work, then obviously business demands custom fits to keep those customers happy.

handworn

His description seems to suggest that the B-6 is pretty snug.

tater said:
This is sorta OT, but as the B-6 is a "bigger" or perhaps better worded "less fitted" jacket, I'd be interested if it was harder to make a "custom" jacket vs exact to spec. I was thinking about my (I'm in line) A-2 I'm having him make. When we come down to final sizing, if my "tailored" ideal fit is close to what the standard size would have been, I could see having it a "perfect" 40R even if that means it's too big on me (slightly). Had I been issued one, I'd have gotten a 38 or a 40, period. Not a 40 with the sleeves 1/2 an inch shorter, and the length 3/4 inch short, etc.

Seems like a less fitted jacket might have speeded production and be in fact a more accurate repro by only coming in "stock" sizes. Course if the typical customer is so far off 20-something WW2 servicemen, that won't work, then obviously business demands custom fits to keep those customers happy.

jack aranda

I am SO glad I live in SF. It's only cold enough to wear that jacket in July, so I think I'm 'safe' from pining away for one.

Vcruiser

tater said:

Perhaps I'm missing something in your post...but the B-6 is a trim fitting tailored type jacket..probably more than any other military shearling.
Van