• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare Wings

sgbailey2002

Be careful, some of this guys collection are fakes, as shown by Joe Weingarten an expert on these things. Joe thinks the guy doesn't know his stuff and bought fakes, so he doesn't know he is selling some fake stuff. Joe has tried to help him.

TankBuster

Yes, I've heard that also. But, I think most of the wings have been
good, it's been the patches that have been suspect.

sgbailey2002

TankBuster said:
Yes, I've heard that also. But, I think most of the wings have been
good, it's been the patches that have been suspect.

No, it's the wings that have been bad. He was selling copies that Joe Weingarten had made, Joe told him and he said "prove it". So Joe did. I don't know about the patches, just know he has been selling some fake wings, so beware.

A

Anonymous

The seller uses the term unofficial piece. I have seen theater altered wings, that may not be issued, but changed to suit the wearer.

sgbailey2002

MarkP40 said:
The seller uses the term unofficial piece. I have seen theater altered wings, that may not be issued, but changed to suit the wearer.

According to Joe, there are some outright fakes, such as the repros he made. Perhaps the seller is calling them 'unofficial' to try and get around the fake issue. Perhaps he is also listening to Joe and realizing some are not what he thought they were.