• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rank On A2 Epaulettes

SuinBruin

Chandler said:
I missed that side of it, but since the majority of the AVG wore M-422as -- is an A-2 a good representation in a museum? Repro or otherwise?

Chandler
auxair said:
On 21 August next year, on the 65th Anniversary of the surrender of Japanese Forces in the China Threatre, my Corps will donate a replica of Gen Claire Chennault's Aero A-2 to the world's only dedicated Flying Tigers memorial cum museum in Zhijiang, Hunan Province, China.
I think a Goodwear Aero A-2 repro is the only way to go....

Chandler

SuinBruin said:
auxair said:
On 21 August next year, on the 65th Anniversary of the surrender of Japanese Forces in the China Threatre, my Corps will donate a replica of Gen Claire Chennault's Aero A-2 to the world's only dedicated Flying Tigers memorial cum museum in Zhijiang, Hunan Province, China.

I think a Goodwear Aero A-2 repro is the only way to go....

Okay, makes more sense if you're going to recreate Chennault's jacket.

Chandler

DJS48

Auxair,

I believe the GW Aero A-2 would be the best choice as it would be the A-2 that is most "authentic" with regard to the particular contract worn by Gen. Chenault at that time. I received a GW Dubow A-2 last month and I feel it is the finest reproduction I own.

My colleagues and I had visited the GFS facility this past February. We were treated very well by all. A fine group.

Regards,
Don