• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

B-Man2

It is a flame-dampening exhaust system, known as the "porcupine exhaust" and used by night fighter versions of the Bristol Beaufighter.
Didn’t know much about the Bristol Beaufighter so I looked it up. It has an extensive history and was used my several allied air forces to include the USAAF.
(4 squadrons) . For anyone interested there’s one we’ll be seeing at the Wright Patterson AFB Museum during our VLJ get together in October .

B-Man2

As a follow up for those who may not know it. The Bristol Beaufighter was built by the same company that built the Bristol AC sports cars . If you think you’re not familiar with that car you’d be wrong . The Bristol AC sports car body was the same body that Carol Shelby put a 427 cubic inch side oiler Ford engine into and it became the Ford AC Cobra.

Pa12

As a follow up for those who may not know it. The Bristol Beaufighter was built by the same company that built the Bristol AC sports cars . If you think you’re not familiar with that car you’d be wrong . The Bristol AC sports car body was the same body that Carol Shelby put a 427 cubic inch side oiler Ford engine into and it became the Ford AC Cobra.

That’s what happens when an ex fighter pilot builds a car;)

FlakMagnet

I first learned of the Beaufighter from reading Air Ace comics when I was a kid. Became an instant favourite.

There’s a Beaufighter currently getting restored to airworthy condition in Australia. It’d be incredible to see it flying one day

Shanghai-Mayne

IMG_9437.jpeg

B-Man2

I first learned of the Beaufighter from reading Air Ace comics when I was a kid. Became an instant favourite.

There’s a Beaufighter currently getting restored to airworthy condition in Australia. It’d be incredible to see it flying one day

Just looking at those photos brings to mind the incredible costs related to restoring one of these vintage war birds .