• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

Shanghai-Mayne

Only three pieces made , this one belonged to last emperor of Qing Dynasty IMG_6942.jpegIMG_6943.jpegIMG_6944.jpeg
IMG_6941.jpeg

Pa12

Spraying what is probably enamel or lacquer based paint with no masks or respirators to protect their lungs from damage. These guys probably didn’t live a long life. Sad
We used to have a boot shop at the airline. 2 guys removing and installing de-ice boots on leading edges all day every day. Nothing but MEK and 1300L ( industrial contact cement) all day. We used to call them Cheech and Chong. If you looked up “stoner “in the dictionary it would have a picture of these guys. Eyes looked like two piss holes in the snow. I asked them how they can stand it. “Fuckin awesome man”.

B-Man2

We used to have a boot shop at the airline. 2 guys removing and installing de-ice boots on leading edges all day every day. Nothing but MEK and 1300L ( industrial contact cement) all day. We used to call them Cheech and Chong. If you looked up “stoner “in the dictionary it would have a picture of these guys. Eyes looked like two piss holes in the snow. I asked them how they can stand it. “Fuckin awesome man”.
Hope they’re still around at 60.

Pa12

I don't think I recall seeing photos of much, if any, PPE in use in spray paint shops during the period.
I don’t think they used anything back in the day. Health and safety wasn’t a big thing back then. Even in my day anyone wearing respirators, rubber gloves or any other safety equipment was generally referred to as a Nancy or a Wally.Probably be old healthy Nancys now ;)

B-Man2

I don't think I recall seeing photos of much, if any, PPE in use in spray paint shops during the period.
No It didn’t exist back then . They had no information or studies on the damaging effects of inhaling enamel or lacquer paint spray dust . For all we know the paint could have been lead based. Pretty much the same with cigarettes back in that period . No one had a clue that this kind of stuff damaged your lungs and had long term irreversible effects

Thomas Koehle

No It didn’t exist back then . They had no information or studies on the damaging effects of inhaling enamel or lacquer paint spray dust . For all we know the paint could have been lead based. Pretty much the same with cigarettes back in that period . No one had a clue that this kind of stuff damaged your lungs and had long term irreversible effects

When I did my apprenticeship it was still not that common to have spray boots and masks for spray painting even in car-repair shops …

Was about 40 yrs ago - one of my buddies who was a very gifted car-painter even used to have a smoke whilst spray painting even though there is that high risk of an explosion and those fumes of thinners turns into a toxin when the pass the high temp of a cigarette …