• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAF/RAAF war service battledress repro

Sideslip

For those who know, what is the most accurate RAF / RAAF battledress reproduction in the UK/world? I am looking at 1940-43 but potentially 43-45 war service battledress.

Driver is my interest in FAFL / Free French aviation which I have been slightly collecting. I think I a found photo of my ancestor which I had not seen before - hard to tell - but he seems to be wearing RAF early battledress.

jack31916

The best repro RAF battledress available was from Panther Store, a Czech based firm. Allas they're no longer doing RAF or other Allied uniforms but you can keep an eye for these on Ebay or other sites. Every now and then they show up but you have to be patient.

Another good one is / was Steve Kiddle from Pegasus Militaria. He's still in business and did the dark blue RAAF battledress and RAF battledress. Maybe you can contact him.

Epic Militaria, SOF Military and What Price Glory are looking acceptable and are less expensive.

Hope this helps and good luck

JonnyCrow

The best repro RAF battledress available was from Panther Store, a Czech based firm. Allas they're no longer doing RAF or other Allied uniforms but you can keep an eye for these on Ebay or other sites. Every now and then they show up but you have to be patient.

Another good one is / was Steve Kiddle from Pegasus Militaria. He's still in business and did the dark blue RAAF battledress and RAF battledress. Maybe you can contact him.

Epic Militaria, SOF Military and What Price Glory are looking acceptable and are less expensive.

Hope this helps and good luck
Agree with those choices, years ago some of our members used to get Spearhead or stuff from Hong Kong Keith and was terrible haha replicators don't even go there, however epic and soldier of fortune is acceptable

CombatWombat

Well RAAF is "Postman Pat" blue.....official term used by a few re-enactment groups around NSW and Queensland to describe the exact shade of blue
Corps Sutler (website and FleaBay)
Has the BD trousers and blouse and the SD tunic and trousers new made up to a 48 chest/44 waist
auscam666 (fleaBay) have the SD trousers and tunic in whatever sizes they can get surplus

Sideslip

Thank you all, really appreciate the pointers. I stumbled across Panther Store, but as you say, no RAF BD, but found Steve Kiddle on FB and will reach out to him.

The RAAF is a maybe colour; the FAFL and then FFAF had a real mix of uniforms - RAF, ARC, Russian, altered French, US but the original pre-war uniform was a blue "Louise".

14 July 1943, Russia, « Normandie » squadron with French (original and altered), RAF BD (seems dark but could be colour caste) and Russian.
IMG_0998.jpeg