• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions about the age of my Willis and Geiger M445 flight jacket

Topanga

Hello!

So years ago I inherited a beautiful old Willis and Geiger M445 flight jacket from a relative. I don't know where or how he acquired it. He was never in the Navy, although I do know he used this jacket while recreational flying in the 80s if not earlier than that.

I used to wear it, but stopped because I really have no idea how old it is and am afraid of damaging it. From the little I could find online there were reproductions made of this jacket after WW2, but I couldn't find much on how to tell the difference between those and the originals. The zipper says Scoville on it.

If any more pictures are needed I am happy to provide them. Would anyone knowledgeable on this be able to help me identify the age and possibly the value of this jacket? Should I be wearing it at all?

Thank you for any help!

20220208_093436.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Hi
Your jacket is a reproduction of a WWII W&G 445 made by W&G . The Scovil zipper one of the ways you can tell the difference between an original and the later repro model. Others may a have a different suggestion, so wait for them to offer up their opinions .

Topanga

Hi
Your jacket is a reproduction of a WWII W&G 445 made by W&G . The Scovil zipper one of the ways you can tell the difference between an original and the later repro model. Others may a have a different suggestion, so wait for them to offer up their opinions .
Thanks for the reply! I couldn't find much info on when these reproductions were made. Could this be older than the 80s?

B-Man2

Thanks for the reply! I couldn't find much info on when these reproductions were made. Could this be older than the 80s?
I’m not sure of the exact years of reproduction but I would guess it’s a 1980s period repro.