• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question original Aero B3

jack31916

My friend just bought an original Aero B3 but the original zipper has been replaced.

Does someone knows which brand of
zipper was originally used?

Thanks and regards from Jack

Silver Surfer

depends on the contract. pin lock talons, crowns, sun burst talons, possibly conmars as well. even within individual contracts there may be two types of zippers used.

Roughwear

Jack, most original B-3s had Talon Zippers. Conmars were used on a few contracts, notably those awarded to H. Bernstein. You can buy a NOS Talon M39 or M42 zip from Vintage Productions in the USA or direct from MASH Japan. Occasionally you see a B-3 with a Crown, but these were fragile and not widely used on this heavy fleece jacket.

Silver Surfer

if i am not mistaken, crowns were used only on aero b-3s, and only a few at that. areo discontinued the use of crowns mid contract. as andrew mentioned, they were not exactly robust enough to withstand the rigors of heavy garment use.

Roughwear

The 1942 RW on John's CD has a factory fitted Crown on it, but it's the only RW I have seen with a Crown suggesting they were not used very often on B-3s.

jack31916

Thanks for your opinions guys.

The jacket is, according to the label, from the W535 AC-17755 contract. I guess my friend can't go wrong with a Talon zipp.

Will try Mash to get one.

Thanks again and regards.