• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on Saddlery A2

RumRunner

Hi everyone, new here and new to flight jackets in general so please be gentle.

I'm interested in purchasing a Saddlery A2; I've found one that I think is in my size, but the jacket lining and interior look... different... than almost all the others I've seen:

jacket label.jpg jacket liner.jpg

As nearly as I can tell, the label looks normal. But the liner has what looks like a map of the western hemisphere in some sort of shiny material. I also see two internal pockets with odd-looking zipper pulls, as well as a pen/pencil holder -- I have not seen these on any other Saddlery jackets. Also the leather pull on the front zipper looks out of place. There is also a blood chit that reflects the OIF region/timeframe, but it doesn't really look well-worn. Not shown in the pictures, but the front patch areas have been sewn over with brown rectangular patches instead of the usual velcro shapes.

This all makes me think this might be some sort of specially made "anniversary edition" or replica, instead of a genuine.

Can anyone who knows more about this kind of thing weight in?

Thanks!

ausreenactor

Tag looks legit but that lining looks like an 80s Avirex tribute as you suggest.

All about price and if you get a kick out of it. There will be other Saddlery A-2s out there.

rb3586

It is a Pops Leather upgrade/conversion. Pops Leather is located in Turkey and has a website. These conversions are rather common. They do represent a subset of the A-2 jacket upgrades, as to the newer blouson style, (mostly during the Northern Watch years.)