• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about this ELC G-1!

Maverickson

Yes, I encountered with a similar problem while seeking a brass Talon slider for my M-422A. What looked like a brass slider in reality was a nickel slider as evidenced in this photo. This slider sure looks like it was made of brass to me ! But, as a matter of fact it is nickel.

TolonZipperSlider.jpg

This Talon looked to be brass. That is until you put it in your hand. This is how it looked when seen on the jacket itself. Yes, as seen and not unlike the jacket in the auction to which you were refering the whole zipper assembly on this jacket is brass with the noteable exception of the nickel Talon slider.

M-422ATalonTabed.jpg

So as it goes, I believe that it is just plain difficult to figure out if a zipper assembly is nickel or brass when seen from a photograph.

Cheers, Dave

watchmanjimg

Actually, I owned this particular jacket from around 1995-2005. I then traded it back to the original owner who had me post it for him on Buy/Sell. Contrailschaser bought it, attached the "Toko-ri" patches and promptly sold it on Ebay at an apparent loss.

If I remember correctly, the zipper was a gold-washed nickel but it's been awhile since I've seen it.