• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Put berry knits on my Protech A-2 repro

deand

It isn't an accurate reproduction to begin with, and the knits are not period correct, probably even a bit off on shade, but I kept looking at this old warm-up jacket I've had since the 80s that I bought at a second hand shop and decided the kints on it looked close enough to be workable on this A-2, and besides it gives the jacket some visual interest in a vintage Aero-ish manner. I didn't line the first cuff seam up correctly, but just don't have the heart to take it all apart and correct it. Heck, it's not that noticeable and it isn't a Good Wear, it's just a see-if-I could-it project.

mms11picture.jpg

mms12_picture.jpg

mms13_picture.jpg

dean

deand

Thanks, Clyde. My compulsive side got the best of me and I re-did the cuff to match up the seams. I really want to redo the lining. Someday.

dean

Vcruiser

deand said:
Thanks, Clyde. My compulsive side got the best of me and I re-did the cuff to match up the seams. I really want to redo the lining. Someday.

dean

Wow..Keep up the good work Dean..! Practice..practice.
We could sure use a good knit guy on the VLJ. :mrgreen:

VB

deand

dmar836 said:
Nice Work!
Those have to be the smallest pockets I've seen on an A-2.

Aren't they? Apparently a salient characteristic of Protech jackets, small pockets, set too high! If I could lower them without stitch holes showing, I would.

dean

wingman

Congratulations! I think it looks darn cool. You did a great job. I also love the deep scallop on the pocket flaps. very nice.

deand

wingman said:
Congratulations! I think it looks darn cool. You did a great job. I also love the deep scallop on the pocket flaps. very nice.

Thanks, Ed! I love your GEE BEE racer!

dean

deand

Thank you, Peter. Hope you got some fine nylon for your birthday. Hope all is well with you and yours!

dean