• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Problems with the Eastman collar

A

Anonymous

fd3d_12.jpg

Here's a good illustration of the problems I find with some Eastman collars- this is a photo of a 1401p Eastman- you can see the dreaded swoop lines diving toward the tip of the collar and the collar snap is unsupported by a little leather tab. Both of these characteristics are very unlike original Roughwear collars and combined with the smooth leather found on so many Eastmans makes for an unconvincing repro. Compare to a real olriginal 1401p collar:

collar_detail.jpg

No swoop lines there! Snap's just a little bump on the surface of the leather because of the supporting tab. Notice also how the Eastman collar is too pointy and delicate at the collar tip compared to the original. Finally- IMO the light olive thread on the Eastman is annoying- from what I've seen most 1401ps seemed to have had dark thread- even Eastman's comparison shots show this. These are the little details that drive OCD me nuts ;) ...