• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Private collection photos... HOLY COW!

Andrew

bombs away said:
Hi guys,

Thank you for the kind words. :oops:
i know some guys here who have amazing collections, much more than mine, but keep them secret... ;)

A few items have left the collection and others have come in.
I'm more collecting USAAF groupings and identified items (uniforms, documents, photo albums...), that are spectacular than A-2s but my interest is more in the airmen stories than in anonymous equipment.

I take the opportunity to ask for a little help :
I'm working on an article about the 449th Bomb Group. I'm looking for scans of wartime pictures (nose art, crews, b-24s,...) I could use to illustrate the article. I'm looking for personal and original pics as I'm trying to keep off copyrights.
Fold3 pics are free but very poor about this particular unit.
Identified items would be very helpful too.

Cheers,
Tim
Tim, I'm still in contact with A Ball turret gunner from the 719th Sq via his daughter. John reproduced the artwork from his original onto my first GW. If its any help I could possibly put you in contact with her. She may be interested in helping. I think she mentioned their convention is coming up later in the year.

TankBuster

bombs away said:
Hello jeff,

Another amazing grouping ! :shock:
Thank you very much for sharing.

Just a little problem, I'm looking for 449th BG items... ;)
But it's always a great pleasure to watch your collection. You're lucky to live very far from me or I would be knocking at your door every morning to spend hours in your war room.

This grouping could match with much smaller I have from another squadron of the 459th BG (757th):
6556254627_1547075fcc_z_d.jpg

That would be another great challenge to write about the 459th BG with this stuff to illustrate the text.

Cheers,
Tim

Hey Tim,

Shoot! I thought I had read 459th BG! Oh well!
Unfortunately I don't have anything from the 449th.
I used to own a A-2 group from the 449th quite a few years ago.
Unfortunately I have since sold it. Don't be afraid to ask me for
anything when it comes to future projects.
Best of luck with the article!

Great A-2 as well!!!

bombs away

Hey Jeff,

Absolutely no worry.
And thank you for the kind proposition. Be sure I'll ask you before starting a new project.

Andrew,
Thank you so much for your proposition too. That's so kind.
Sure I'd be very interested to get in touch with the veteran and his daughter.
Please give them my email address so they can send me a message if they wish so : t(dot)mignot(at)yahoo(dot)com

All the best,
Tim

This collection is mind-numbing. Thank you for posting the link to this and of course for taking the time to assemble that amazing collection and photograph it with the various pairings/combinations. One great item or jacket can really spark the imagination to wonder what adventures it may have survived...this collection takes that to a whole other level. Terrific - thanks again for sharing!

Members online

Latest posts