• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prince Hal's jacket, The Hollow Crown

Dr H

I did a double take yesterday too John.
Would work best, like the A-1, if you're rake like...

John Lever

Dr H said:
I did a double take yesterday too John.
Would work best, like the A-1, if you're rake like...
I have discovered it was designed by Thea Sharrock. I wonder if Cirrus or Wested made the leather gear ?

Ian C

It's more accurate as a 20th century flying jacket than a jacket from the 15th century

John Lever

Ian C said:
It's more accurate as a 20th century flying jacket than a jacket from the 15th century
Probably, but cool non the less and I suspect that they were more sophisticated than most people think.

Ian C

John Lever said:
Ian C said:
Probably, but cool non the less and I suspect that they were more sophisticated than most people think.

Without a doubt, but most clothing was wool lined with linen, or just plain linen. Period dramas have an obsession with sticking them in leather but it wasn't really the done thing.

You only have to work on the bows they used back then to realise they weren't idiots