• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prices on the up ?

Falcon_52

An American could almost buy a new one from direct from Eastman at that price given the exchange rate (plus customs duty and whatever other transaction fees are applied).

I'm not sure that one is going to sell very easily but I've seen stranger things happen!

Noel

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
jacketimp said:

This is going high because of the collection of paperwork relating to the vet. The jacket is nice, but too small for most to wear, only to display.

agreed....you stake it in the heart....... the thread was bucking the trend.......that's the name of the game...... provenance..... provenance..... provenance..........

Roughwear

The market for decent originals, however, is still holding up well. Perhaps people are investing their money in them rather than on the stock market?

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
The market for decent originals, however, is still holding up well. Perhaps people are investing their money in them rather than on the stock market?

right on.......provenanced originals waaaaay to go!

Lignemaginot

DUBOWA2 said:
No I do not thinks so, I lost my shirt on this one ,and people told CJ he could get more money on ebay for his A-2 jacket,He did the right thing in my book .Rgds Jeff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=006

For me, a couple of things detracted from this jacket - the major issue is that it has the name-tape holes in it; there's no getting around the fact that those holes are there, and they're never going to go away. Yes, you could put another name-tape on it, but that requires willingess and effort. Second (and this is very minor), it's a Goodwear private label, so it's not an exact reproduction. Finally, the sizing on it is somewhat odd - narrowish shoulders and shortish arms for a wide-ish chest. Given the current market, I'd have been surprised if this jacket went for more than $500. On the other hand, that brand new size 46 27753 that another forum sold for $500 after one week of use.... sheesh, I'd have snapped that up in a heart beat.