• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre war reddish B-3

bombs away

Hello,

I have this B-3 jacket in my collection for some years now. It has been my first one.
It may be interesting to show some pics as there aren't so many around.

I've always heard it called as "pre-war" jacket, but does anyone know when this contract has been produced ?

4710026216_1f0a8de201_b.jpg

4709398603_a3f65251c3_b.jpg

4710049654_8c6aabfc3d_b.jpg

4710052410_9b81cec095_b.jpg

4709411275_58b6df1f6b.jpg

Nice little tag still sewn in the jacket :
4710052996_e15dcb6cb0_b.jpg

Yes the zipper has been replaced. :roll:

Tim

rich

Grant said:
What would we do without Full Gear for our info?
Thank you Aota Mituhiro

Well, since I don't have a copy, I guess I rely on the goodwill of others to take the time to share information.

Roughwear

Grant said:
What would we do without Full Gear for our info?
Thank you Aota Mituhiro

Yes its an invaluable book, but I compiled complete list of B-3 contracts before I bought Full Gear last year. I know the slightly earlier RW contract was placed by the AC in 1941 and this later contract dates to the same year before most of the veg tanned, hand dyed shearling was replaced by the chrome tanned, spray finished shearling B-3s.

bombs away

Thank you for the info Andrew.
1941, it's always hard to realize here in Europe that it can be called "pre war" ! ;)

Tim

Grant

Tim,
I agree with Peter, it's a beautiful looking B-3, thanks for posting the photos. Interesting side note in Full Gear was that this contract sometimes used goatskin for the trim pieces.

Roughwear

I have handled HLB Corp B-3s from all their contracts and everyone had goatskin facings. Goatskin with its hard wearing properties is ideal for the sleeve facings.