• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-1972 genuine N-2B parka

eamenos

Hi everyone,

I've kept an eye on a genuine USAF N-2B parka with real fur (don't know if its coyote, wolf,?), what it means that the jacket is from 1972 or pre '72. Unfortunately, the jacket has no label, so I have no idea of when was manufactured, but the seller says that it was made for Alpha Industries because it came in with a load of other Alpha surplus.

Having said that, I've seen that the interlining of most of the N-2b parkas (the white labeled ones) were made with 60% wool 40% cotton (Kings Points MFG, Lancer Clothing, etc), while Alpha Industries ones were made 100% wool. Do anybody knows why? Do they protect better from the cold? I attach some pictures with the aim of answering my questions. Is the outershell in this one 100% waterproof nylon?

Thank you very much for reading!

n-2b1.jpg
n-2b2.jpg

n-2b3.jpg
n-2b4.jpg

bn1966

I have an early Kings Points version with the real fur, very overlooked I think the N-2B generally is as a flight jacket. I own three, two of which I picked up for a song, as to being waterproof, I’ve not found that to be the case but very practical when it’s dry in the cold weather.