• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POTUS' A-2

Clark J

ausreenactor said:
The good news is that the Commander In Chief name tag is velcro! :p

Couchy

That's a great observation!!!!!!One can only hope................................

ButteMT61

AF, that was funny, and I felt that way when I sent the email, but I also thought maybe the folks on the receiving end would enjoy something lighter.
Everyone is sending bitchy political emails so who knows. We'll see if JC adds POTUS to his home page next year :lol:

Stony

Robert Weissman: Good morning, Mr. President. Your brief will begin in a moment, but here's the bottom line. North Korea is rattling its sword again. Iran may be getting a nuke much sooner than we thought. The Israeli Prime Minister is here to meet with you and he's coming unglued. Gas prices are threatening to stall the economic recovery. Some mildly retarded rent-a-cop shot a kid in Florida. Your Health Care Bill is before the Supreme Court. Some army Sgt. went crazy and killed a bunch of Afghan civilians. Oh, and the DSCP people are here for your A-2 fitting.

Barry: I really can’t do the fitting this morning. How about early next week?

Robert Weissman: No can do, Mr. President. Monday, you’ve got to be in South Korea looking thoughtfully across the DMV with a pair of binoculars. You’ll need your jacket by then.

Barry: Well then just go get me a flippin’ jacket off the rack. Hell, ain’t that what WWII bomber crews had to do?

Robert Weissman: NO. NO. NO. We want you to have a proper military fit and how the military actually wore their jackets is not relevant to that issue. Honestly, we’re concerned about your internet appearance, Mr. President. We are particularly afraid that some people on a forum called the Vintage Leather Jacket Index Page will see your sleeves tunneling.

Barry: Vintage Leather who? Ain’t that the crowd that orders $1200.00, tailor made, size 56 T, authentic WWII jackets, wears them for a week and then puts them on e-bay? And just what the hell is sleeve tunneling?

Robert Weissman: Yes, Mr. President. Our best information indicates that four or five of the guys on VLJ who are actually American Citizens might vote for you in 2012...depending on what kind of authentic reproduction jacket you wear.

Barry: OK, Bob. Cancel Netanyahu and let me see the DSCP geeks.

AF, you are definately on a roll, lol. :lol:

My question is how many of you would really vote for him if he was really wearing a GW. :eek:

ButteMT61

Stony said:
Robert Weissman: Good morning, Mr. President. Your brief will begin in a moment, but here's the bottom line. North Korea is rattling its sword again. Iran may be getting a nuke much sooner than we thought. The Israeli Prime Minister is here to meet with you and he's coming unglued. Gas prices are threatening to stall the economic recovery. Some mildly retarded rent-a-cop shot a kid in Florida. Your Health Care Bill is before the Supreme Court. Some army Sgt. went crazy and killed a bunch of Afghan civilians. Oh, and the DSCP people are here for your A-2 fitting.

Robert Weissman: No can do, Mr. President. Monday, you’ve got to be in South Korea looking thoughtfully across the DMV with a pair of binoculars. You’ll need your jacket by then.

Barry: Well then just go get me a flippin’ jacket off the rack. Hell, ain’t that what WWII bomber crews had to do?

Robert Weissman: NO. NO. NO. We want you to have a proper military fit and how the military actually wore their jackets is not relevant to that issue. Honestly, we’re concerned about your internet appearance, Mr. President. We are particularly afraid that some people on a forum called the Vintage Leather Jacket Index Page will see your sleeves tunneling.

Barry: Vintage Leather who? Ain’t that the crowd that orders $1200.00, tailor made, size 56 T, authentic WWII jackets, wears them for a week and then puts them on e-bay? And just what the hell is sleeve tunneling?

Robert Weissman: Yes, Mr. President. Our best information indicates that four or five of the guys on VLJ who are actually American Citizens might vote for you in 2012...depending on what kind of authentic reproduction jacket you wear.

AF, you are definately on a roll, lol. :lol:

My question is how many of you would really vote for him if he was really wearing a GW. :eek:

Not me. But I'd feel a little better about the office of POTUS!

Atticus

Stony said:

ButteMT61 said:
Not me. But I'd feel a little better about the office of POTUS!

Nah...It'd never happen...T-Baggers would be all over it. I can hear the wailing now. "Obama paid how much of the taxpayers' hard-earned money for some super deluxe version of a leather jacket that was free from the Air Force?!" Sarah I-Can-See-Russia-From-My-Porch would make it her new mantra. Fox Noise would have a news crew (oops...I forgot...they don't have any news crews)...OK...Sean Hannity would be on John Chapman's doorstep wanting a comment about his blatant use of foreign horsehide in the POTUS' A-2...

AF

Dr H

....and GeeDubya...standing puffed up in his mall G1 jacket declaring that the mission is now over...

Oh boy...

:roll:

ButteMT61

Hey AF - don't hide your political feelings here! Really, let it out because the obvious self-restraint iis going to kill you! :lol:

Atticus

ButteMT61 said:
Hey AF - don't hide your political feelings here! Really, let it out because the obvious self-restraint iis going to kill you! :lol:
Yeah...sorry...sometimes I lose myself in the moment. I start flashing and hearing the old Buffalo Springfield tunes in my head and I start smelling the tear gas and tasting the sh'rooms...

AF

A

Anonymous

stopobama-1.png
stopobama2-3.png
MORDACITAS EST PESTIFERA

OOPS I LOST MYSELF IN THE MOMENT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stony

Yeah...sorry...sometimes I lose myself in the moment. I start flashing and hearing the old Buffalo Springfield tunes in my head and I start smelling the tear gas and tasting the sh'rooms...

Been there, done that............... :shock:

Peter Graham

Stony said:

Been there, done that............... :shock:
Yup. Just substitute Buffalo Springfield for The Clash and I'm there.

ausreenactor

Atticus said:

Loved it...gold! Kudos!

Couchy

Atticus

Here's an interesting POTUS jacket photo. Tricky Dick in a G-1. He went into office in January of '69 and presumably got his jacket soon thereafter...so this might be a late D-series Star or Brill. Old Tricky was the only US President to resign from office and may have been the last US President to have been issued a decent leather flight jacket. Strange irony there.

nixon-jacket.jpg

AF

A

Anonymous

Atticus said:
Here's an interesting POTUS jacket photo. Tricky Dick in a G-1. He went into office in January of '69 and presumably got his jacket soon thereafter...so this might be a late D-series Star or Brill. Old Tricky was the only US President to resign from office and may have been the last US President to have been issued a decent leather flight jacket. Strange irony there.

nixon-jacket.jpg

AF
Maybe due in part he was in the Navy during WW2.

Atticus

chitchat said:
Atticus said:

nixon-jacket.jpg

AF
Maybe due in part he was in the Navy during WW2.

And left the service as either a Commander or Lt. Commander. I've found sources that say both.

AF