• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possibly 1930's or earlier jacket

Casper

Gary just had a look at the Moto Guzzi eagle symbol that they use very similar but not the same thanks anyway

Casper

Thanks Micawber for the tip. How to look at all the Eagles RAF ever put out that are on the internet some very very close but none match unfortunately so I am still at a loss as to what it is

Casper

G'day again mate, happy keep looking just need all the information I can get.RCAF I guess is for Royal Canadian Air Force. Thanks for the hint shall keep looking right now. not going to dismiss anybody or any information without checking it out first. Probably could take badge off the jacket but concerned it may break the tiny bolt I will go and have a look see if it will come off . I will check out RCAF websites see what I can find

Casper

I had a look at the RAF badges site unfortunately none matched. But I just got the badge off very carefully with my fingers. On the back is printed "AMOR SYDNEY". That tells me it's Australian I will check that out thanks for the tip. Didn't really want to take it off glad I did now

Micawber

RAAF cap eagles...

I'll let you discover for yourself but these are my opinions garnered over several decades of pottering about in this and related fields. Good luck with your search.

Casper

Thank you everybody your assistance has been great. Couldn't have asked for more. Nnatalie your last tip was spot on I have found it finally it's a Royal Australian Air Force officer cap badge I have found the exact match thank you for everything. Now just have to check out print on back of jacket see what I can find on that probably just a local motorcycle group from 40s maybe but will look

dinomartino1

That style jacket was common in Australia from the 1950s to the early 80s especially the lapel style, cotton tartan lining was also common.
I don't know much about jackets here before the 50s as they are so rare.
Being part of the British empire Lighting zips where used on most clothing made here until the 1970s.
I find it highly unlikely that carr fasteners would have been exported outside Australia possibly to NZ though.
Lightning dominated the zip market in the British empire and later the commonwealth countries not sure about the Canadian market as they had easy access to US goods but lightning zips are very common on older
Canadian leather jackets,
Very high tariffs where placed on non British goods for many years
HRD was a British motorcycle company which later became Vincent HRD

Casper

Dinomartino1 thank you for the information, now I have so much to think about and try to study, wow it really could have come from anywhere. This has just blown me away. I guess I've got to do some more research now. Carr cast Australia press studs possibly Canadian zip, HRD emblem which looks like an afterthought. With what is left of the emblem on the back it looks like a devil's head so I don't think it's original to the jacket that's for sure. Thank you for all your information Casper