• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please identify

A

Anonymous

Hi, can anyone identify what jacket is this?

president-bug-benson.jpg

On the right Lloyd Bridges from 'Hot Shots'

oose

HI,
Keep searching, I've bought a few, and only paid £5 each time, some do go for big money mainly early ones with bi-swing backs, or those sand coloured desert storm ones, but I often see them here on ebay for little money.

all the best
stu

Atticus

PLATON said:
Hi, can anyone identify what jacket is this?

president-bug-benson.jpg

On the right Lloyd Bridges from 'Hot Shots'
I'm pretty sure it is the older version of the CWU-45/P...the one with the "action back". It looks like it has a trimmer cut as compared to the modern CWU. Or maybe it was just altered by the prop departmant.

By the way, you can pay anything you want to for CWUs. I've bought several for their opening bids...$9.99 and even 99 cents. I've also seen the same jackets go for a couple hundred bucks. :?:

AF

A

Anonymous

OTT: that movie is hillariously funny. I remember the General swallow the ear plugs

the funniest moment was when he ordered to turn the carrier because his cap fell in the water.

USMC_GAU-21

I disagree, I believe it to be a CWU-36, as I see no storm flap that the CWU-45 (Winter weight, quilted) has.

They both look like CWU-36's to me.

my one cent.....

r/Dan

watchmanjimg

USMC_GAU-21 said:
I disagree, I believe it to be a CWU-36, as I see no storm flap that the CWU-45 (Winter weight, quilted) has.

my one cent.....

r/Dan

I'm with Dan. The absence of a windflap is a giveaway that we're looking at -36s here and likely also explains any perception of a trimmer cut.

Atticus

watchmanjimg said:
USMC_GAU-21 said:

my one cent.....

r/Dan

I'm with Dan. The absence of a windflap is a giveaway that we're looking at -36s here and likely also explains any perception of a trimmer cut.

Yep. On second look, I'm with the CWU-36/P votes, too.

AF