• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PISA SAN GIUSTO UNTIS

rob75IT

Hi Guys
Here is completed the 1st of the AAF Groups based here in Pisa. My final target is a big wall display with the whole units.
- The 350th FG

345th FS incised

345thFS.jpg

346th FS painted

346thFS.jpg

347th FS PISA version, the original was incised but I did in both way:
incised
347thFSincised.jpg

and painted

347thFSpaint.jpg

1st BFS

1stBFS.jpg

Here you can find really great information regarding the 350th FG:

http://web.mac.com/vizcarraguitars/350t ... _Blog.html

Thank you to the people of the 350th FG and all the others that helped me with finding the right patches to reproduce.

In the next days I will be posting the 86th FG

dmar836

My good friend flew in the 347th. He told of when they moved to Pisa. What makes the "Pisa version" different? I asked about none vs. two vs. four lightning bolts but he could not recall such details.
His name is Kenneth Thomason and he is in several pics on that sight. Many pics are attributed to his collection.
Great work!
Dave

EMBLEMHUNTER

If you check around various books/computer sites you'll see that the aircraft carried "variations' of the Donkey emblem with No lightning bolts, two, and four respectfully , I think it was just variations, but could have had something to do with base changes or ????
Johnny

rob75IT

The essential differences are in Ass.
The Pisa one is fatter, with nice shades on the body, with evil face, legs are in front of bolts, yellow eyes, teeth, and hooves.
The bolts, 2, are getting out of the patch, sky blue background, and everything is bordered in red.
I try to do some research on the patch to see if there are few Pisa variants, I also went were women how painted was living.
If anybody has other info I will really be happy. :)