• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pike Brothers N1 Deck Jacket

Marv

Does anybody own one of the Pike Brothers N1 Deck Jackets and if so how do you rate then on overall quality, accuracy and sizing/fit.

Aero are currently selling these and was looking for some info on the jacket.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/prod ... php?id=982

thanks in advance for any help fellas :)

Marv

I was on the lookout for an decent original in a modern 44"/46"reg size but in the meantime I picked up one of the Pike Brothers N1 repros.

http://pikebrothers.com/product/1944-n1-deck-jacket/

It's a well made jacket but quite heavy and has a bulky lining which leads me to the questions in this post as I have never owned an N1 before so didn't know what to expect from the jacket.

I do believe that the Pike Brothers also make a B10 which is slightly over-engineered when it comes to the lining eg. much thicker than on originals so this made me think that they have done the same with their N1 repro.

Anyway, it's a really nice jacket, quality made and very warm but the only let down is the crappy repro Talon zipper which looks ok but on closer inspection it's only the puller/slider which looks like a Talon.

If anyone else has one of these I would be interested in there opinions of the jacket.

Peter Graham

It doesn't look half bad and good value compared to a BR. At least they have got the weave in the cloth right. I've seen worse zippers and you can cover it with the windflap. The lining looks like a synthetic woolly material which would add the bulk. It perhaps looks slightly shorther than an original ? If you want to add the correct stencil, they are on ebay. I'd be interested in seeing some photos of it being worn.

omarco

i reckon that N1 looks pretty good too, i'd be tempted to get one and wax the outer to make it waterproof.. i wouldn't dare do it to a Buzz or RMC.