• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

photos of JC's 37J1

SuinBruin

John sent me these and OKed posting them on the forum. There are some great closeup shots that show the texture of the cloth nicely.

I think this pattern is extremely cool... very vintage looking, elegantly simple, nice trim fit and slender sleeves. A repro would be high on my list of must-haves. (Add it to the Good Wear SAT and Monarch A-2s... will I ever have disposable income again?)

I think we can all agree this jacket fell into the right hands. :lol:

cheers,
matt

US_Navy_37J1.jpg

collar.jpg

front_view1.jpg

front_view2.jpg

label.jpg

pocket.jpg

reverse_view1.jpg

reverse_view2.jpg

talon_zipper.jpg

usn.jpg

wind_flap_base.jpg

deand

Awesome jacket! The zipper pull in the photo from oose is different, isn't it?

dean

yar

Can this jacket be bought already? I totally fell in love with it, but cant find it anywhere :(

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
yar said:
Can this jacket be bought already? I totally fell in love with it, but cant find it anywhere :(

No one seems to be making it right now. If you are really determined, you could look for a second hand example from Willis & Geiger, or one of the Japanese makers.

Asia Miles has offered them here from time to time ...

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3205

ausreenactor

yar said:
Have a Buzz Rickson in 42 here in as new conditon, the largest size they made. They are a tight fit. What size are you?