• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

photos 22mar12

dujardin

hellooooooooooo
some photos found today on ebay

303bg 358bs
303bg.jpg

lady b good in 1959
ladybegood19591.jpg

ladybegood19592.jpg

ladybegood19593.jpg

ladybegood19594.jpg

???
Rupy_7x9_WWII_Pilots_.jpg

paramedic training - probably at Fort Benning
paramedic-trainingjpg.jpg

and some photos of a not well knowed unit
''arctic para rescue'' based at Presque Isle - Maine PAAFI

usarmyairfield-presqueisle-arcticrescue.jpg

dated :3-1-1945

usarmyairfield-presqueisle-shop.jpg

dated : 12-14-44

K-9 with St-Bernard
usarmyairfieldPresqueIsle-arcticrescue.jpg

dated : 1-26-45

if someone have some info on this unit ????

byeeeee
marcel

Peter Graham

Thanks Marcel. Love the 'Lady be good' photos. It would have been amazing to come across that wreck in 1959. I'll bet those Browning's still worked perfectly.

tater

I always find those watermarks interesting since the pictures are in the public domain as they were taken by the USAAF and belong to the taxpayers...

havocpaul

those Lady Be Good pics have just reminded me of a (tv) film from ages ago, a ghost story?.. think it starred William Shatner and maybe was loosely based on her story...or am I imagining it :?

Andrew

It was the middle of the Sahara, but i'm amazed that the wreck looked basically untouched even that recently. You'd think that Bedouins might have come across it by then and taken those guns.

Great pics Marcel.

EMBLEMHUNTER

dujardin said:
hellooooooooooo
some photos found today on ebay

303bg 358bs
303bg.jpg

lady b good in 1959
ladybegood19591.jpg

ladybegood19592.jpg

ladybegood19593.jpg

ladybegood19594.jpg

???
Rupy_7x9_WWII_Pilots_.jpg

The emblem on this guys jackets appears to have an aerial camera in the Eagles talons, possibly a "Combat Mapping squadron emblem.
Johnny

paramedic training - probably at Fort Benning
paramedic-trainingjpg.jpg

and some photos of a not well knowed unit
''arctic para rescue'' based at Presque Isle - Maine PAAFI

usarmyairfield-presqueisle-arcticrescue.jpg

dated :3-1-1945

usarmyairfield-presqueisle-shop.jpg

dated : 12-14-44

K-9 with St-Bernard
usarmyairfieldPresqueIsle-arcticrescue.jpg

dated : 1-26-45

if someone have some info on this unit ????

byeeeee
marcel

herk115

havocpaul said:
those Lady Be Good pics have just reminded me of a (tv) film from ages ago, a ghost story?.. think it starred William Shatner and maybe was loosely based on her story...or am I imagining it :?

The movie was called "Sole Survivor," starred Richard Basehart (Admiral Nelson from "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea"), and used a B-25 instead of a B-24 (you take what you can get). The story involved, as best as I can remember, one survivor of a Lady Be Good scenario trying somehow to vindicate himself against charges of questionable conduct during the desert crash.

A

Anonymous

herk115 said:
havocpaul said:

The movie was called "Sole Survivor," starred Richard Basehart (Admiral Nelson from "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea"), and used a B-25 instead of a B-24 (you take what you can get). The story involved, as best as I can remember, one survivor of a Lady Be Good scenario trying somehow to vindicate himself against charges of questionable conduct during the desert crash.
Pretty close senerio, I have a copy on DVD.