• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Photo comparison: Original RW 17756 B-3 vs. GW

entertainment

Yeah, perfect as in made with a modern machine, whereas GW's looks like the originals do. The RMC way is nice and precise, and I get why they do it - if they were to introduce any sort of wonky stitching, most of their customers would flip out and demand a refund. It's kind of ironic because, when it comes to denim, the Japanese are all about wonky weaving. But they won't get behind wonky stitching.

Being a one-man operation, though, John can actually make jackets that cater to people who know what the originals were like. I'll take his way over RMC's any day.
Do you think this might have to do with the sewing machines and the way they are set up?

entertainment

Since many of my GW jackets are test jackets and he is often experimenting with new machines or machines that he has modified while making them, JC often does tell me about sewing methods. I don't think all his machines are from the 1930s or 1940s, but there are issues of setup such as thread tension that he is very concerned about to get the jackets to look right. I am sure there are other people on the forum, like perhaps @Happy Hooligan, who know much more about this subject.

Kermit3D

Nick, this B-3 RW 17756 Good Wear is an absolute beauty ! o_O
The comparison with the original is striking.
Enjoy