• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PERRY A-2 flight jacket w/CBI & ATC patches

Andrew

Hereyago.

JCS1.jpg

CBI

good observations. Simply another example of why buying originals is such a risk these days. A risk I am not willing to take. I can get enough enjoying other people's jackets.

TankBuster

Provenance is key to Vintage A-2 collecting. At least for the painted and patched
ones that is! None of these had any. I agree though, a guy better have the provenance
to back up a jacket, or make damn sure he knows what he is looking at.

If these, and the 5 or 6 others that were sold are what they seem, I wonder if there would
be any legal recourse? Since they were sold auction style, I would assume not, but who knows
in this day and age?

Grant

Couldn't agree with you more - that's why I only like to collect originals that aren't painted or patched.

Andrew

I wonder if this will be the last one of these to appear with similar characteristics, I suspect it might be and I wonder what could be done about it if there were more.

$3350. Maybe it's real but you would not be happy if you'd forked out that kind of money for something that turned out to be faked.