• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patch Suggestion please !

Enigma1938

I'm playing with the thought of patching my M422a, but I have no idea what to choose.
It should be a usn or a usmc patch ww2 era from a unit / squad with a good history that saw some combat action, no transport stuff or the like and please no cbi.
I don't have the time to read all the history records of every usn or usmc unit / squad, so I'm open to your suggestions.

Thank you

ties70

Vf-72
VF-72_Wasp_Air_Grop.jpeg

VMSB-241
2948666_orig.jpg

Of course you could join @Cocker in the famous VF-26:

received_241676064193967.jpeg

Enigma1938

I like it !! Cool .
Just as a side note . While I recommended that patch to you because I like it … I have absolutely no friggin idea what unit wore that patch . Some websites say it was VMF 31 …. Others don’t identify it . So please let me know .
Thanks Enigma .
You are right Burt, it's VFA 31 today. But Felix as a squad logo was originally from VF-3

B-Man2

Enigma
Just wiki ed VF-3 . Says they were only operational for about 2 years. From July 1 1922 to May of 1924 . Doesn’t sound like it was around too long . I thought that it was a WWII unit but I guess that’s not the case .

Enigma1938

I made a patch decision.
I bought this here:
Picsart_22-03-12_17-20-55-772.jpg

I have already a few patched navy and usaaf jackets, so I decided on my first usmc this time. The VMF-214 has a awesome history and they are still in duty, and of course I was a big fan of the series "Baa Baa black sheep" in the eighties ;). I like the little corsair on the top of the patch.
Russet usmc nametag with the ww2 style wings is ordered also from Gibson & Barnes (I made the best experiences with their tags).