• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patch ID help

A

Anonymous

Hi,
There's a WWII patch
with a latin phrase on it.
Something like "Veni Vidi Vici but not that exactly.

Thought I saved it on my HD but now can't find it. Very cool patch though.

Any ideas?

PS: I remember I looked up the phrase for a translation and found it on Wikipedia. Unfortunately, can't remember the phrase or its translation and now that I check wiki has 1000s of latin phrases.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Can you describe more detail of the patch ?????
I have seen a Leather jacket with a design on back with this title ..........

A

Anonymous

Skull with a pilot cap

that's what I vaguely remember but I could be wrong.

I guess I will have to look for it again in my laptop as that's where I think it is since I couldn't find it in my desktop

a2jacketpatches

OK, then it may be what I thought right off the bat. The profile of a skull wearing a leather pilots cap, thumb at the tip of nose with all other fingers extended, another way of saying FU. And another patch that is frequently on the other side, it's a skull with big yellow droop wings. Pretty sure it's in one of my flight jacket books and I've reproduced it many times but just can't remember. Heading to the shop now so I'll start flipping pages.

foster

foster said:
23rd Bomb Squadron "In Hoc Signo Vinces" perhaps?
BR80311_03.jpg

A

Anonymous

Yes, that's the one. Killer patch. Thanks for your help guys.
Now I just have to find someone to make me one. :lol:

EMBLEMHUNTER

PLATON said:
Yes, that's the one. Killer patch. Thanks for your help guys.
Now I just have to find someone to make me one. :lol:
Hey I can make it for you .........
Johnny/EMBLEMHUNTER

a2jacketpatches

Platon is no longer a member here Johnny, there's a member or two here that will jump at the chance to elaborate if they see this.

Vcruiser

a2jacketpatches said:
Platon is no longer a member here Johnny, there's a member or two here that will jump at the chance to elaborate if they see this.

Seems like you have become the 'jumper' a2jacketpatches if anything Platon or jacket sales are posted now. :shock: Whatza matter..is this some form of personal therapy..?? :p

a2jacketpatches

Vcruiser said:
a2jacketpatches said:

Seems like you have become the 'jumper' a2jacketpatches if anything Platon or jacket sales are posted now. :shock: Whatza matter..is this some form of personal therapy..?? :p

Said it before that I look at all and just informing Johnny that Platon isn't here anymore, that's all. And I was originally a contributor to this thread.

The rest is evidently up to Van by the looks of it. Referring to Van in the third person as it's so common for Van to do so Vans self. :lol:

a2jacketpatches

He was a funny dude, a little out of whack for sure, but I miss his input. Maybe he'll rise again some day, I'd vote him back in the club.